Thursday, March 12, 2009

FNM

It is Friday once again and that means its time for FNM (Friday Night Magic).

For the past few weeks, I have been playing the "Walking the Planes" deck. This deck demonstrated that it could control about any match. "Any" match which is about everything but RDW (Red Deck Wins). RDW showed me that even though I can control their creature based, I am still very weak again Flame Javelin and the other instant speed burn. I learned that I need more counter in my sideboard to deal with these threats. Since I have made the changes to the sideboard, I have not played against RDW. Great way to test these changes out right?

Last week, I played a white aggro deck that I just threw together when I was bored one night. This deck has major card advantage because most of the spells you play give you more creatures.

Deck Tech: White Aggro

Lands
20x Plains
3x Rustic Clachan

Creatures
4x Kitchen Finks
4x Cloadgoat Ranger
4x Goldmeadow Stalwart
4x Wizened Cenn
4x Knight of Meadowgrain
2x Reveilark

Spells
4x Path to Exile
4x Spectral Procession
3x Oblivion Ring
4x Lapse of Certainty

Planeswalkers
1x Ajani Goldmane

Sideboard
4x Story Circle
4x BurrentonForge-Tender
4x Celestial Purge
3x Cauldron Haze

As you can see the sideboard is heavily anti-red. It might be a be mcuh some would say, but most of the side board has other uses as well. Story Circle is very versitile card in the sideboard. I have used this to stop RDW in there tracks and to horde of a legion of elves. Celestial Purge takes care of the little pests called Bitterblossom and Demigod of Revenge. Cauldron Haze is my anti-Wrath of God fix.

Is this deck finished? Nope. I would however like to throw in a few Glorious Anthems to replace Ajani Goldmane. Yes, giving my creatures +1/+1 counters and vigilance until end of turn is nice, but Glorious Anthem is a turn sooner. Turn one Goldmeadow Stalwart, turn two Wizened Cenn, turn three Glorious Anthem, and swing for 7 damage is nice.

This week, I am again using this White Aggro build.

Until next post planeswalkers, this is Deppe, passing the turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment