Monday, July 6, 2009

Finding the Elder Dragons #2 - Switching from Paper to Digital

As the school year ended, I had to move back home for the summer. What does this mean? It means that I won't be able to play Paper Magic on a regular basis. I had to resort to finding other methods to play the game I love.

I have used the Magic Workstation for the past year to design and test numerous decks. Now this summer I am using the Workstation to play digital magic with my friends. I have been able to play more casual magic than I have in a while.

Playing EDH on the Workstation is a bit trick at first since the program was not designed to play those types of formats. Though after a few games, you tend to figure out how you should do things. Once I figured out how to do things, a way I went. I created my current EDH deck, Uril Smash.

Deck Tech: Uril Smash!

General
1 [ARB] Uril, the Miststalker

Lands
1 [JU] Krosan Verge
1 [EVE] Springjack Pasture
1 [DIS] Pillar of the Paruns
1 [10E] Ghitu Encampment
1 [RAV] Temple Garden
7 [10E] Forest
7 [10E] Plains
6 [SHM] Mountain
1 [RAV] Sacred Foundry
1 [CFX] Rupture Spire
1 [EVE] Rugged Prairie
1 [FUT] Keldon Megaliths
1 [GP] Stomping Grounds
1 [LRW] Vivid Meadow
1 [LRW] Vivid Grove
1 [CFX] Ancient Ziggurat
1 [TSP] Kher Keep
1 [5E] City of Brass
1 [JU] Riftstone Portal
1 [ALA] Jungle Shrine
1 [SHM] Fire-Lit Thicket
1 [LRW] Ancient Amphitheater
1 [FNM] Treetop Village

Creatures
1 [JU] Anger
1 [EVE] Balefire Liege
1 [LRW] Brion Stoutarm
1 [ARB] Dragon Broodmother
1 [10E] Nomad Mythmaker
1 [FD] Eternal Witness
1 [SHM] Vexing Shusher
1 [MI] Wall or Roots
1 [CHK] Sakura-Tribe Elder
1 [ALA] Wild Nacatl
1 [FNM] Kird Ape
1 [EVE] Stigma Lasher
1 [10E] Birds of Paradise

Planeswalkers
1 [LRW] Garruk Wildspeaker

Spells
1 [CFX] Martial Coup
1 [CFX] Armillary Sphere
1 [REW] Wrath of God
1 [CFX] Asha's Favor
1 [PLC] Pyrohemia
1 [REW] Disenchant
1 [RAV] Moldervine Cloak
1 [SHM] Runes of the Deus
1 [TSP] Pull from Eternity
1 [8E] Sacred Ground
1 [ARB] Trace of Abundance
1 [RAV] Fists of Ironwood
1 [LRW] Fertile Ground
1 [ARB] Mayael's Aria
1 [10E] Dragon Roost
1 [FUT] Emblem of the Warmind
1 [RAV] Congregation at Dawn
1 [10E] Spirit Link
1 [LRW] Oblivion Ring
1 [10E] Pacifism
1 [RAV] Devouring Light
1 [CFX] Path to Exile
1 [SHM] Shield of the Oversoul
1 [PLC] Hunting Wilds
1 [PLC] Retether
1 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
1 [RAV] Selesnya Signet
1 [10E] Mind Stone
1 [TSP] Krosan Grip
1 [PLC] Rough/Tumble
1 [EVG] Harmonize
1 [4E] Swords to Plowshares
1 [RAV] Warp World
1 [EVE] Scourge of the Nobilis
1 [LRW] Crib Swap
1 [SHM] Runed Halo
1 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus
1 [EVE] Recumbent Bliss
1 [FUT] Daybreak Coronet
1 [PLC] Dust Corona
1 [ALA] Naya Charm
1 [ALA] Naturalize
1 [RAV] Boros Signet
1 [LRW] Battle Mastery
1 [FNM] Armadillo Cloak

This deck utilizes Uril's seceond ability. I don't how many times I have been able to end the game in one swing. The super shourd on Uril is just a beast, forcing your opponent to use mass removal in order to destroy it. The deck does need a few tweaks, but right now the decklist looks quite nice.

I hope to be rocking EDH tournements when I get back to school in the fall. Until next time, this is Deppe passing the turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment